People have been storing water in copper containers for thousands of years. Not only is copper an essential trace mineral that is vital to maintaining a healthy body, but it also contains natural water purification elements.
There is mounting evidence that our ancient ancestors were onto something when they started storing water in copper containers. It has been proven that copper can kill microorganisms, fungi, molds, algae, and bacteria in your water. Copper purification is a great addition to a water filter to rid your water of any toxins that may have snuck through the filter. By keeping your water in a copper container for a mere 4 hours, you will see the increased benefits like trace minerals, antioxidant properties, and much more.
There are dozens of different copper water bottle choices on the market today. Finding the best copper water bottle for you can be tough, but with a little research and some knowledge, we can help point you in the right direction. By looking at our in-depth reviews and buying guide, you will learn everything you need to know (and more) about the benefits of copper water bottles.
Best Copper Water Bottles Reviews
1.Kosdeg Hammered Copper Water Bottle 34 Oz Extra Large
- The bottle can fit 34-ounces of water when full.
- There is a sealed, threaded cap that is leak-proof and is easy to twist on and off.
- The copper features a hammered, dimpled design that looks great and is easy to drink from.
- This bottle is designed and shaped to be the most ergonomic water bottle possible.
The Kosdeg copper water bottle is a great option for those looking to gain the benefits of copper and have enough water to carry for the entire day.
Many water bottles come in 16 to 20-ounce sizes, and we must constantly keep filling them up. But with the Kosdeg, you will have enough water to last for hours, and you will be getting the valuable benefits of copper while your water waits to drink.
The hammered copper design looks great and will draw several compliments from friends and family.
Personally, I always have issues with water bottles and leaking at the cap. But with this copper water bottle, they made sure that this will not be an issue. The Kosdeg features a patent-pending thread design and a sealed O-ring that is solid as can be. Even though this copper water bottle is not insulated, it does keep water colder (or warmer) longer than most water bottles.
What We Like:
- We love the size of this water bottle; it holds enough water for any outing.
- The shape of the bottle delivers water perfectly with every sip, not too much and not too little.
- The cap feels solid, and when twisting it on, you can feel the seal doing its job. I do not worry about leaks at all.
- This copper water bottle is very shaped. It will easily fit into any cup holder or the sleeve on your backpack.
- The water bottle looks great; we receive a ton of compliments on the bottle!
What We Didn’t Like:
- I would like this bottle to be insulated; it will help keep water keep its temperature better.
2.Avana Beckridge Copper Stainless Steel Double-Wall Insulated Water Bottle
- This stainless-steel bottle can be purchased with a copper lining to gain the health benefits of copper with your stainless bottle.
- The walls of the bottle are double-walled insulated material that keeps water cold for 24 hours, and liquids warm for 12 hours.
- You can purchase this bottle in either a 25-ounce or 32-ounce size.
- There is a built-in straw that allows you to drink from the bottle while it is upright, or you can use the spout to sip.
This copper water bottle is full of features and is a good option if you want to keep your water or coffee at the temperature you prefer. The double-walled insulation is amazing; it feels solid and strong. If you want to keep your water cold for hours on hours, then this is a great option.
The same goes for those who want to use this copper water bottle for coffee or hot beverages; it will keep them hot for 12 hours.
One of my favorite features is that you can choose from using the straw or the wide-mouth spout. Both are great options that will give provides solid water flow regardless of your preferred delivery time. The cap is entirely leak-proof, and you will not have to worry about there being any leaks while this bottle is in your bag or as you climb into the car.
What We Like:
- The bottle is solidly built, and the double-walled insulation keeps water cold for hours.
- The lid is completely leak-proof and secures nice and tight to the water bottle.
- You can choose between using the straw, or the wide-mouth spout to deliver your water. Both options work flawlessly.
- With every purchase that you make from Avana, the company helps support a water project in a country in need.
- There is a built-in carrying loop the allows you to carry the bottle easily or attach it to your backpack.
What We Didn’t Like:
- The copper water bottle seems to dent easier than other models we have reviewed.
3.Berigora 30oz Pure Copper Water Bottle Ayurvedic
- This water bottle is built from the purest and highest-grade copper available.
- The copper water bottle was designed by artisans to be a piece of art.
- The water bottle is curved to provide maximum water flow with a comfortable grip.
- It can fit 30-ounces of water and will keep it cold for hours on end.
The Berigora water bottle possesses all the benefits of a copper water bottle and has a great look to it as well! Coming in at a price tag under $35, the value that you get from this water bottle is hard to beat.
It is designed extremely well in that it is ergonomically comfortable in your hand, and because it is constructed of 100% copper, your hands will not get cold holding it. Its large 30-ounce size is one of the larger bottles we have reviewed thus far, and thanks to the extremely tight seal, you will not have to worry about the water leaking.
Another nice thing about this copper water bottle is that there is no lacquer added to the bottle. Many comparable copper water bottles will be covered in lacquer, and this can have negative health effects if it encounters the water. Many people will complain about the taste from a copper water bottle, but with the Berigora copper water bottle, you will not see this at all. The water tastes crisp and clear every time.
What We Like:
- This bottle is constructed of 100% copper and is virtually indestructible.
- The inside of the water bottle will not oxidize like other copper-lined water bottles.
- The cap twists on tightly, and the added O-ring is a nice touch to ensure that water is not going to sneak out.
- Because the entire bottle is constructed of copper and not just lined with it, ice lasts much longer in this water bottle than comparable models.
- The value you get from the Berigora copper water bottle is excellent for the price.
What We Didn’t Like:
- If you do not dry the outside of the water bottle almost immediately, it will patina very quickly and become discolored.
4.Cretoni Antique-Series Pure Copper Water Bottle
- It holds 30-ounces of water when filled completely.
- This copper water bottle is constructed of pure copper throughout.
- It comes with a 100-% satisfaction guarantee from the manufacturer.
- The finish of the bottle is a brushed copper appearance, which is what copper does naturally over time.
The first thing you will notice about the Cretoni copper water bottle is the elegant and luxurious packaging that it comes in. You feel like you are about to open a $10,000 Rolex! After the initial unboxing, our first impressions of the actual water bottle stayed positive. It is a strong and sturdy water vessel that will take a beating without compromising the performance of the water bottle.
The Cretoni copper water bottle is a great size for drinking water virtually anywhere. It carries enough to bring it with you on a hike, or you can use it throughout the day at home to capture all the health benefits that copper water bottles provide.
The copper finish on the Cretoni bottle is a little different and has a more rustic look to it. I think this was a good idea because, over time, copper will oxidize, and the finish will become darker, and this water bottle comes that way out of the package.
What We Like:
- The size is perfect; many people think that anything over 30 ounces is too heavy when full.
- This copper water bottle comes in a box and wrapping that is luxurious and elegant; it would make a great gift!
- There is a leak-tight seal and O-ring that I am confident will not spring any leaks
- We liked the shape of this water bottle. It is easy to carry, and the water flow is just right.
- It comes with an extra O-ring and seal in case of any damage that may occur to yours.
What We Didn’t Like:
- Unscrewing the cap takes a long time, there are many levels of threading.
5.New CopperBull 2017 Heavy Gauge 1mm Solid Hammered Copper Water Jug
- This copper pitcher/jug can hold up to 70 (!) ounces of liquid.
- It weighs 2 pounds and has 1 mm thick copper walls.
- You can choose from two different engraving styles, both of which are hand engraved.
- There is no lacquer lining anywhere on this pitcher/jug; it is 100% copper.
- The CopperBull jug/pitcher is a solid, beautifully constructed copper water vessel that can be used for several occasions.
The jug/pitcher was built to be a serving pitcher for the popular drink, Moscow Mules that traditionally come in a copper mug. The serving jug/pitcher is great for hosting parties and events of all types.
It looks amazing and is an immediate conversation piece for your guests. The size will keep you and your guests happy and refreshed for hours. This is by far the biggest copper water bottle that we have reviewed, and even with its large volume, you are not losing any copper benefits.
This copper jug/pitcher was made from 100% pure copper. It weighs north of 2 pounds, but I do not seem to notice this when I am using it. Copper is not a light, a weak metal, so you can expect to have some weight to a vessel this large.
The lid and pitcher work well together, and your drink will not spill all over the place while serving, which is a concern when it comes to many pitchers.
What We Like:
- Obviously, the amount of liquid this jug/pitcher can hold is amazing.
- The engraving options you can choose from are both very elegant and look great.
- This copper water vessel is thick and solidly built. It will keep liquids cold for hours on end.
- The packaging that the jug/pitcher comes in is beautiful. It is a very luxurious item.
- I love that there is no lacquer on this vessel; it is best for the water’s taste!
What We Didn’t Like:
- The handle is riveted into the jug/pitcher rather than welded, and it feels loose.
How do Copper Water Bottles Work?
Thousands of years ago, our ancestors began storing water in copper containers and bottles. It was believed that copper provided valuable health benefits, and all these years later, we are still using copper vessels for a reason.
By storing water in a copper bottle for 4-8 hours, it has been proven that your water will gain valuable minerals, kill many types of parasites, and do wonders for your overall health.
The benefits that you gain from copper water bottles have long been known as Ayurvedic therapy, and as we learn more about it, there are more and more benefits to using copper water vessels.
Types of copper water bottles
There are a few things you want to be aware of when searching for the best copper water bottle for you.
The size is important, and you will need to choose the size that best fits your needs. But there is something you need to look out for when it comes to the material of the entire water vessel. Some copper water bottles will claim to be “Pure Copper,” but many are just copper-lined water bottles.
You may gain some of the benefits of copper-infused water from a copper-lined water bottle, but you will be missing out on the insulation quality and long-term effectiveness of the copper. You want to ensure that you are going to be getting a 100% copper water vessel if you wish to garner all the amazing things that copper water bottles can do.
Some copper water bottles come with a lacquer finish over the outside of the bottle. This makes it look shiny and does help with the appearance of the water bottle. But lacquer can be harmful when ingested, and it tastes terrible!
The best thing you can do is ensure that there is no lacquer finish on the copper water bottle that you choose. Remember, copper will oxidize over time, and you may see some of the results of this on the outside of your water bottle, this is entirely normal and can be cleaned with a little effort.
Copper Water Bottle Benefits (Why is copper bottled water is good for your health?)
It has been proven that the Ayurvedic health benefits are endless when it comes to copper water vessels. These benefits can be separated into two different types, and each benefit is vital in providing you with the best water possible.
Water Purification Elements
There are several things that copper can do to your water that improves its quality and safety when you ingest it. Copper is a natural water purifier, and the inside of your copper water bottle mustn’t be just copper-lined but pure copper. When it comes to the water purification elements of copper, there are several:
- Copper will kill water-borne diseases.
- It can aid in removing and preventing any bacteria or protozoa from sneaking into your water and being ingested.
- Copper has been known to stabilize the pH level of your water, and this will ensure that it is not acidic before drinking.
Your Body’s Overall Health
This is where copper water bottles tend to win people over. The long list of health benefits is nearly endless, and each one of these alone is a good reason to invest in a copper water bottle, but when you combine all these benefits, it is easy to see why copper has been relied on for so long.
Digestion – Copper-infused water has always been proven to aid in digestion and keep your body at its peak. This is one of the best features that copper water bottles will add, and I can tell you from experience that you will see immediate improvement.
Weight Loss – Weight loss is another key benefit of a copper water bottle. There is a natural thyroid regulator in copper, and by injecting this into your water, you will see an increase in your metabolism. This will help you with being able to shed calories and excess weight quickly and safely.
Aging – Because of copper’s cell forming properties, water that has been given the copper treatment can do wonders for your skin. Specifically, copper will prevent your skin from growing lines and help with the appearance of wrinkles and age.
Cardiovascular Health – Due to copper’s ability to maintain hemoglobin levels within your blood, you can be confident that your copper water bottle is helping with your cardiovascular health.
Anti-Inflammatory – Copper water bottles can also help with inflammation and swelling in various parts of the human body. As we grow older, we may feel tenderness and swelling in our feet and hands after a long day. The natural inflammation inhibitors that are found within Ayurvedic therapy is one of the most popular reasons to purchase a copper water bottle.
How to Choose a Copper Water Bottle
Like any other product, you must do some research on specific brands and make sure you are buying from a trusted source. All the brand names included in this article have been tested and proven to be winners by thousands of people all over the globe.
When it comes to the best brand, well, that is entirely up for interpretation because it depends on your needs and exactly what your goals are with the copper water bottle. Do not worry; we will get to that.
When deciding on which copper water bottle is the best for you, size should be one of the most important factors.
If you want to use your copper water bottle throughout the day as you are out shopping, hiking, or on an adventure, you must choose a size that can handle enough water.
If you are looking more at entertaining or would like to share the benefits of Ayurvedic therapy with your guest, you will want to investigate pitchers and larger copper water vessels. When it comes to size, what it ultimately comes down to is ensuring that size is enough to manage your needs.
There are a few different types of copper water bottles that you can choose from. You will decide this based on what you would like to get out of your water bottle. If it is for your personal use and you want to have enough healthy copper-infused water for the day, then a basic water bottle will do wonders for your health and water quality.
If you are looking to have a few gallons of water available for entertaining or maybe to have some water reserved for the whole family, you may want to look at pitchers or water storage containers.
These can usually hold large quantities of water, and many people I know rely on water storage containers for their family’s daily use.
The worst thing you can do is buy a water bottle that is hard to carry, uncomfortable to hold and use. It may sound crazy, but I know some people that have gotten rid of water bottles because they were too big for their hand, or they could not carry them comfortably.
Many copper water bottles are shaped with a wider spout area so you can maximize water flow and delivery. Test a few out and make sure this works for you before making a purchase, especially if it has a handle.
When it comes to leaks and water bottles, we all know how often this happens. That is arguably the biggest complaint we get from people is that their current bottle leaks, and they cannot handle it anymore.
You must ensure that the copper water bottle that you choose has at least one, O-ring and that the cap or top screws on and seals with the O-ring.
With copper water bottles, leaks can cause oxidization on your pure copper bottle, and it can ruin what it looks like aesthetically. I cannot stress enough how important getting a solid O-ring with a threaded cap is.
Believe it or not, some copper water bottles are built better than others. Many companies will claim that they have a copper water bottle, but often, these are copper-lined water bottles. These are not nearly as beneficial to your health and water quality as pure copper water bottles.
One surefire way to ensure that a copper water bottle is an actual copper is to check the weight of the bottle. In many cases, people prefer lighter objects, but with a copper water bottle, it is better if it is heavier! Copper is heavy, and to garner all the benefits that it can inject into your water system; it needs to be pure copper.
Frequently Questions & Answered
How do I use a copper water bottle?
For the most part, copper water bottles are used like any other water vessel. The only difference is that you want to make sure you leave your water in the bottle for at least 4 hours before consuming the water. This will give the copper time to inject your water with healthy minerals and antioxidant properties.
How often should I clean my copper water bottle?
It is highly suggested that you clean your copper water bottle every time you use it. Because copper oxidizes, if you do not dry the outside (the inside is fine,), it will begin to tarnish the copper finish. This is completely normal for copper when exposed to a combination of oxygen and water.
The Ayurvedic therapy properties that copper water bottles possess are scientifically proven to improve water quality and your health.
These are amazing traits for a water bottle to possess, and it is a shame that more people are not taking advantage of copper water bottles. To ensure that you choose the best copper water bottle for you, use this guide and the information that is provided.
We are confident that you will have a full understanding of how a copper water bottle can change your life, and you will be ready to begin your search for the perfect copper water bottle.
We sincerely thank you for tuning into this article and wish you the best of luck finding the best copper water bottle.
- Our Tested Whole House Water Filter And Softener Combo.
- Top Water Purifiers in 2020 – (Reviews & Buyer’s Guide)
- Top-Rated Water Dispensers in 2020. (Buying Guide)
- Best Water Filter for Chlorine in 2020 – [Tested & Reviewed]